Well, we've been keeping busy around here. Let me update you on a bit of this and that-
Nathan & Heidi have decided that they have a lot of fun playing together! For real! They engage in many fun games, including rides in the hippo:

I couldn't be happier about this bond that is forming. They share a room and sometimes I will hear giggling from their beds before they fall asleep. They have to get in a last round of peek-a-boo before sleep finds them. They have their occasional squabbles, of course, but overall they are very pleased with eachother. In other HUGE news: NATHAN HAS BEEN SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! For almost two weeks! I'm a new woman. I think I'd forgotten what a good night's rest felt like. It feels great.
Our house has been looking a lot like this:

Because I've been busy getting our downstairs all painted. And I'm really, really close to being done. Just a few touchups to go. It's been a big project but I'm very pleased with the results. I'll post pictures later of the finished project.
CAUTION: THE FOLLOWING PICTURES MAY BE TOO GRAPHIC FOR SOME :)
Trent has been busy exploring new territory at school. Last week they did their first round of injections on eachother. I'm glad I didn't have to be a test patient! He did great and is gaining new confidence each time he practices.

Last but not least (but definitely grossest), he got to practice stiches on a cow tongue. Luckily we were able to procure one from our local Alberton's grocery (just in case you ever want one for yourself). I survived having a HUGE cow tongue sitting in my fridge overnight and he enjoyed practicing on it the following day:

He is working very hard in school. He has had some busy weeks lately with test after test. He is a real trooper!
That is it from our end of town!
4 comments:
I'm sure trent is officially in heaven. I didn't know you were painting. This inspires me. You are so lucky that Nathan and Heidi get along to well.
Thanks for posting the cow's tongue! So exciting he's at that point now. Real (human) tongues...watch out!
Yeah Aaron said there are 4 tests next week and they don't even get President's Day off! Sheesh...we can't wait until 3rd year. P.S. I forgot to tell you that your paint job looks great!
Em, you're there...at the point when all the hard work of having the kiddos so close together starts to pay off! I am STILL enjoying it & am so thankful for sweet friendships between siblings. SO thankful for that for you guys! :) Also, can't wait to see the finished product of the painting project...So exciting! And last, a cow's tongue from Albertson's? And then in your FRIDGE!?! You're a good woman! ;) Good luck to Trent! Looks like it's getting more & more exciting. Okay. THis comment is officially too long...;)
Post a Comment