Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gaby friend

This great girl just came to visit us!!! My dear friend Gaby flew all the way here from NYC and boy, we are so glad she did. We had a BLAST.
Gaby and I have been friends since we were 2 years old in Iowa. My mom used to babysit her and we both have great memories of those days. My family moved away from Iowa when I was about 4 years old and we have kept in touch ever since. We wrote letters (even dictated letters before we could write!), emails, made many phone calls, and when we were teenagers we would visit eachother during the summer. We always knew we wanted to be roommates during our college years. And it happened. Twice! The first time we lived together in "the little white house" by BYU. The second time was in the townhouse in Springville. Good times for sure. We have many memories ranging from hilarious, wonderful times to letting eachother have a good cry on a shoulder.


Heidi absolutely LOVED Gaby. So fun to have her meet both my kids and get to know them.
THANKS for coming, Gaby. Are you sure you don't want to move to sunny AZ?

7 comments:

Gabrielle Germaine said...

Well I have to admit AZ has grown on me... but it might have more to do with the people there.... ;) love ya more than my luggage! I sure do miss those children of yours.. I really need to kiss some chubby cheeks...

Gabrielle Germaine said...

P.S. love Flower (....., because I don't)

Dionne said...

There is NOTHING like a good friend to feel rejuvenated -- that's fun for you Emily.

Di said...

Yay!!!!

Carrie said...

How fun!! I bet it was great to hang out together again.

Beth said...

Looks like fun. Gabby is making want some bangs. You look great. fun to see you two together again.

Alisa said...

It was sooooo fun to see Gaby!