Sunday, February 28, 2010

Birthday Boy!

Happy Birthday, dear Nathan! We started a fun tradition this year: Daddy decorates Nathan's birthday cakes, Mommy decorates Heidi's birthday cakes. This is Daddy's masterpiece-
After not knowing exactly what to do for a second, Nathan got a little taste of frosting and decided to just dive right in!


He was already messy from his spaghetti dinner and things only got messier!

"I think I like this stuff!"



The aftermath:
All about Nathan on his first birthday:
* He says 'dada', 'mama', 'Hada' (Heidi), 'boo', and uh-oh * Turbo fast crawler * Stands independently * Has taken a few steps * Loves to walk all over pushing his hippo toy * Favorite foods: peas, bananas, applesauce, yogurt, spaghetti * Adores his big sister * Loves stroller rides * Crawls all over the park, through the sand, and loves going down the slides * Has a great surprised look (round mouth, big eyes) * Is obsessed with sand shovels and spoons (he can carry one around all day) * Loves to hide under a blanket and play peek-a-boo *

5 comments:

Di said...

Aaghck! Time flies!!! Happy Birthday Nathan! Em-I should try to call you some afternoon this week...if I miss you I'll try again! :)

Gabrielle Germaine said...

ahh so cute he is such a big guy! I ditto his peek a boo! Who wouldn't like that?!

wisp said...

I want to tickle him so much. But I can't reach right now. ...Soon! :)
Many happy returns to the little cutie-bear! Looks like he had an awesome day! :D

The Gentry's said...

Too Cute!! I love his cute little cheeks in the previous post pic of him in the car seat. Yay for chubby babies :)

Beth said...

Love how he dove right in. He looks like such a big man now. Happy Birthday Nathan.