Sunday, July 18, 2010

Half Way...

Just have to say: TRENT HAS MADE THE HALF WAY MARK OF DENTAL SCHOOL!
I'm really so proud of him. It has been lots of hard work and perseverence on his part and will continue to be over the next several years. When he returns to school after his research ends in a week or so, he will be in the clinic full time working on patients everyday. He is excited to be able to put things into practice that he has been learning and hone his skills. He has done so well and worked hard to be where he is and I'm proud of how he handles all the pressures that are on his shoulders.
We moved here and bought our home 2 years ago today. What an adventure we were embarking on. Little Heidi was 17 months old and Nathan was just in utero along for the ride.
We left our safe nest in Utah where everything was comfortable and family was close to embark on a dream we had thought about for a long time. Arriving in the valley and moving in with 115 degree temperatures was not the welcome I hoped for! Then when I found out that there were black widows and scorpions as a possibility I really wondered why anyone would choose to live here.
But now, after 2 years, I am at home and so happy with life. I still ache for our families and miss the frequent interaction so so much. But, I'm so grateful for the autonomy and unity that it has brought for our little family. And for the most wonderful and cherished friends who have filled those gaps that I felt so glaringly when we first moved here.
Here's to the next 2 years...

2 comments:

Beth said...

wow! I have to say i'm happy your journey is one the down hill. It is always good to get that schooling under your belt. I have to agree that Trent has handled it so gracefully as far as not looking too stressed from the outside. And I never hear any complaints from either of you. Incomes are always nice. Good jog Trent.

Alisa said...

Yay Trent! The halfway mark is SO awesome. and can I just say I am sooooo glad you moved to the land of 115 degree summers!!