I will be honest- sometimes the post-nap hours of the day can be a little rough. There is something about 4 pm-7 pm that can bring out the grumpies. And it is also the time when I'm trying to get dinner ready and have things orderly for the evening routine.
I've been conciously trying to slow things down when I can, and let people wake up slowly from naps and enjoy a more leisurely pace.
And, I decided to document with some afternoon pictures. I found myself enjoying this block of time a bit more.
messes abounding
I thought Heidi had been napping. I opened her door to find she had moved Nathan's crib BY HERSELF and had set up a teddy bear school behind it. When I asked her why she moved it she said she just wanted Nathan's crib next to her bed so they could hold hands at night.
Nathan in a worker outfit. He had to wear this fleece vest while carrying tools around. Cutest construction worker I've ever seen.
This face needs no caption.
7 comments:
So cute!! I am also not a fan of the "witching hour" that is, hours. ha. They are rough around here too. Amazing Heidi moved the crib!
hey! i am glad we're not the only ones with grumpy hour from 3-6 every night. phew! i think heidi's excuse for moving the crib is so darling. how's it working having them in the same room? i'd like to do that with max and maude eventually.
Kami-We have loved having them in the same room and they love it too. I do have to remember to put them down a little earlier than they need to go to sleep because there is some chatter and giggles usually. :)
Sounds like she has some muscles that she is using for a good thing (we have that conversation often around here). At least she has plans for her little life :)
They both are so cute.
k i have a plethora of questions for you. when did you move them into the same room? has it been since nathan was small? how does nap time work?
i would really like to do this, i think. but i am not sure how it'd work. maybe it'd be a period of rough adjustment but then it'd be good? i don't know. max is so crazy...he might be too excited and never sleep again! what do you like/dislike about having them in the same room?
I love that construction worker's cute little belly! And it is so sweet they want to hold hands at night. I love how close they are. You have such an adorable family. :)
Oh my word, I love it!!! Little ballerina and construction worker...
Post a Comment