Friday, April 8, 2011

A bit of this and that.

Just a few things that matter around here right now:

Seems like the kids go through different little obsessions. Maybe it's all kids, maybe it's just my kids? For awhile there Heidi was really into tape. Yes, like scotch tape. We went to the dollar store and got some of the cheap stuff and just let her go at it with all her little projects. For a week or so she'd take her tape and cards into bed with her for safekeeping:
Around this same time Nathan was OBSESSED with this little tape measure. I guess he still kinda is. I just hide it sometimes because I'm not thrilled with the idea of it always making its way to bed with him.
Remember the whole princess obsession Heidi had? (she still likes them just a bit tamed down now). Seems like Nathan has his own boy version of that fixation... Well, let me introduce to you "BIG WORKER GUY". I put it in caps because when Nathan says it it is in the deepest, manliest voice he can muster. There are days when he prefers we just call him BIG WORKER GUY instead of Nathan. He's a pretty handy little man to have around and knows just where to carry his hammer when a toolbox isn't close by:
Heidi just loves going on "trips" lately. She packs her luggage, rounds Nathan or any willing friend up, and heads to Utah or New York. I find all sorts of luggage all over. One naptime she got into the dresser and pack every last clothing item she has in preparation for one of these excursions. Wonder how much sleeping happened during that time period. Hmmm...
I went in to greet Nathan one morning in his crib and found him looking a bit rounder than usual. He'd stuffed his blue teddy bear down his jammies and said he was gonna have a baby. Oh boy...he follows big sister pretty closely I suppose.
Do I need to say that they love to play with friends? I think these faces say it all. This is the face that Nathan gives sometimes when you suggest he say "cheese".
Our good friends just recently moved and these kids sure do miss each other. Savea and Heidi are pretty fond of eachother...
That's about it from our house.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Sooo cute! I am dying laughing at Nathan's preggo pic. I love it so much. And the kids going to bed with their beloved objects. You've inspired me to take more pics of our every day life so I'll remember my kids doing the same types of things.

Monica said...

I love BIG WORKER GUY!

wisp said...

Oh goodness. I love the bear-belly. xD That is the cutest! Though his "cheese" face is a close second. Hahaha. I used to pack my doll's suitcase with only underwear (I guess I felt I only had room for the necessities) and plan trips around the backyard, so Heidi is a kindred spirit for me. ;)