“Now is the time to get things done…wade in the water, sit in the sun, squish my toes in the mud by the door, explore the world of a girl just four.
Now is the time to study books, flowers, snails, how a cloud looks; to ponder “up,” where God sleeps nights, why mosquitoes take such big bites.
Later there’ll be time to sew and clean, paint the hall that soft new green, to make new drapes, refinish the floor – Later on…when she’s not just four.”
- Irene Foster
I've been pondering a lot lately the growing up of my children and how they are changing and developing so much before my very eyes. They are sweet and very special spirits and I can't wait to see how their personalities will fit into the world around them as they grow up. I feel very grateful to be their mother and only hope I can live up to what they need me to be. I pray that I can cherish everyday of this sacred time of their little years.

2 comments:
That little Nathan melts my heart EVERY SINGLE TIME! You've got some super cute kids, Em! Good work! :)
Ok, I am way behind on my blog reading. Love that poem! Gonna go on my bulletin board right alongside "dust go to sleep."
Post a Comment