Sunday, May 27, 2012

Angel Moroni makes it to the top of the temple!

 I was so excited to receive and email recently giving us the heads-up that the Angel Moroni statue would be placed on top of the temple that very afternoon. I knew we definitely wanted to be a part of that experience so we headed over to join the crowd of spectators. It was a very hot day- we loaded up the water and slathered on the sunscreen and went to hang out and watch the process in a neighboring field. 
They had one crane hoist the statue up to the top of the spire and the other crane with men waiting to attach him properly. 

It had been such a gusty and dusty day they thought they may have to postpone the process. The dust and wind died down enough to make everything work together and to get Angel Moroni safely to the top. As we walked back to our car with dust again blowing in our faces I pointed out to the kids we may have witnessed a little miracle. Neat reminder that the elements are not under our control at all. 



The excitement and anticipation of what this building represents was so tangible. I'm grateful we got to be a part of this special day!

1 comment:

the Claytons said...

What a neat miracle! I'm glad you got these pictures-- i've never thought about how they get the Angel Moroni clear up there!