We were pretty surprised a couple weeks ago to receive a phone call from my parents informing us they were in Sedona! I had no idea they were even headed our way. What a wonderful surprise! They talked us into driving up for a day and night to play with them. Well, they didn't have to try very hard but somehow magically all the pieces lined up AND Trent was even able to come. I threw a few things in suitcases really fast and we zipped up there.
We got to the campground after dark and as we pulled in to check-in we saw these racoons, skunks, and even a javelina scavenging for food. They were all just right there and not very scared of us at all. We got a little wary of the skunk before too long and moved on!
We stopped by G&G's motorhome for hugs and some chatting.
The kids enjoyed "riding" the air mattress as it pumped up.
Heidi promptly found her spot on Grandma's lap!
After chatting for awhile we said goodnight and went to check out our little cabin.
It was one room and so quaint and cozy. We all loved it!
As we were unpacking and settling in Heidi calmly announced that she saw a spider. By the tone of her voice I was expecting a really small little friend. I was surprised to look up and find something much larger than I anticipated. Luckily Trent used his manly muscles to protect the family and rid us of the creature. We promptly all engaged in a thorough search of the rest of the cabin and were relieved to not find anything! The kids used their flashlights in all the corners.
Once the Little House on the Prairie connection was pointed out by Heidi with our sleeping arrangements everyone was even more excited. The kids nestled into this bed just below the small loft where Trent and I slept.
Kissy, kissy, smooshy cheeks!
After a good night's rest we headed to G&G's motorhome for some breakfast. Nathan is eating raisin bran here but even on the road we all enjoyed a nice bacon and egg breakfast. They know how to travel!
My dad has discovered that their dog really likes to pull this recumbent bike along. I took him out for a spin and loved it! It was so fun to have my own little ride and he sped along pretty quick. This campground was completely gorgeous and green and I'm so sad we discovered it at the end of our AZ stay!
This boy would spend all day with a dog if he could.
Our cute little home for the night!
After relaxing and exploring the campground we set out to explore Sedona. I LOVED it. It will be a vacation spot I hope to return to!
At the hiking spot we stopped at Nathan found some good exploring spots including some climbing trees. As he got higher and higher and came over to spot him he told me- "Only teenagers can do this, Mom. And I'm a teenager." Not quite sure how we skipped from 3 to 13 but he was convinced.
Loving having some space to explore and be a boy!
My mom and I enjoyed some time soaking up the sunshine and chatting while Trent and my dad took some pictures at the river.
Heidi made it to the end of the hike with Grandpa and Daddy and found her spot to enjoy the river.
After exploring nature, we enjoyed a delicious Mexican lunch and some ice cream. It was one of those magical, wonderful, spontaneous days that happen every now and then.
It got even better when my parents decided to head to our home for the weekend. It had been awhile since we've had really laid back, relaxed time together and it was wonderful.
Some highlights:
-Celebrating that Trent passed the licsensure exam and is a breath away from being a dentist. I repeat, he PASSED. We all went to our little airport and had chicken salad sandwiches and watched airplanes at the park. It may not sound too exciting but it is one of our favorite weekend activities and so fun to share.
- Girl shopping outing= pure relaxation!
- A double date to the temple with my parents and dinner out afterwards.
- Sharing Sunday with Grandma & Grandpa in our home.
We sure love you!
4 comments:
What a PERFECT getaway! I'm a huge fan of spontaneous when it comes to stuff like this! And that cabin looks like it was a perfect setup...a keeper for sure!!
I love the pictures in this post! Especially the sleeping ones and the one of Heidi resting her cheek on her arms and the one with you and your mom. Makes me want to go to Sedona again too.
That kind of trip DOES sound nice and relaxing! The pictures were beautiful.
It looks like you guys had such a fun time! I love the pictures of Heidi and Nathan sleeping :)
Post a Comment