The time came for my dental cleaning and guess who I got to visit????
Yup, this handsome guy.
Of course, my appointment began with a visit to the radiology department where a 2nd year student practiced taking x-rays for his first time. 25 x-rays later I was ready to proceed to the next step.
It really was so fun to see that Trent has turned into a real, live dentist! He was so quick and competent and a sneak peek into his world was a real treat.
Standard procedure at the school is to give people your most. Thorough. Dental. Cleaning. Ever. I am quite positive that my mouth has never had that thorough of a work-over in it's life. Because they don't have dental assistants while they are in school, Trent asked me to hold the suction at one point to help out. I learned that I'm not too good at holding the suction and not feeling like I'm drowning myself. I am much better staying just on the patient side of things! And luckily, Trent was able to multi-task and handle both at once.
Here I am looking scared but I was just pretending. Really, it was kind of fun being on this kind of date! Maybe a date is a bit of a stretch...
See that twinkle in my smile? Getting ready to leave the chair with my cleanest mouth ever!




4 comments:
Em, I love you. You are so funny! Glad your mouth is so clean. :)
This was a good laugh. Your eyes have that look after it was over; like you had been through something.
Love everything about this post, Em! Love that he had you assisting, too!
I suppose this is equivalent to the time that I did Jennifer's taxes while we were dating.
Post a Comment