Sunday, March 16, 2014

Heidi Turns Seven

My baby who made me a Mommy just turned seven!


She was very happy about it. I'm not sure how I feel about her getting so very grown up!
We had a family party for her celebration and it was really a two-part affair. She wanted her cake and ice cream the weekend before when we had a house full of cousins and aunts and uncle. (more on that to come soon)
So on her actual birthday we had some cookie bars and sang to her again!


For dinner we ate hot dogs at Sam's Club. Yes, everyone was very pleased with that arrangement!



Something so fun about Heidi is that she is always enthusiastically grateful for every present she receives. It makes for a fun present opening! Here she is discovering she is the proud owner of a purple garden hoe. 
A University of Kentucky reading light....

New bands for her loom from Nathan...


And a special new outfit for her doll...


For her cousin party Daddy surprised her with a  Barbie cake. She woke up SO thrilled and surprised that this was waiting on the counter. 

I happen to think Daddy did a great job!



Some things about you at SEVEN years old. You-

- have been enthusiastic and excited since the day you were born. I'm not sure how our family would get along without your energy!

- are a huge help to Mommy and Daddy. I can trust you to follow instructions with exactness and I'm so grateful for your help with your brothers and around the house.

- excel in school. You are an excellent reader and have thrived in first grade.

- are very musical. Piano practicing has gone from a frustration to enjoyable most of the time. It is fun to watch your talents blossom as you practice. Just started taking violin from Mommy. 

- are a strong singer. You do not hesitate to let your voice ring out at church.

- love routine. Change is not your favorite.

- are reading the Book of Mormon for your first time all on your own. You are in Alma 23 and really are loving that you can do it all on your own.  

- enjoy getting dressed up and accessorizing.

- are starting to think "girl time" with just Mommy is really great. 

- just started your first round of T-ball. When I first suggested it you weren't crazy about the idea but you were a great sport and didn't complain at all for your first practice.

- love to bake with Mom or Dad's help. 

I love you my Heidi girl. Thank you for being our princess!!! 

1 comment:

the Claytons said...

I can't believe she's 7!!! When I first met her I think she was 3? maybe 4? Crazy. I love the pictures of her opening her presents.. her enthusiasm for life is contagious!