Matthew turned one on February 21st. It seems like I blinked and this little boy went from a squishy newborn ...
to a big boy!
We had a family dinner (+ the Elders) with one of Matthew's favorites- lasagna. He enjoyed it very much.
And then it was on to presents! He was more excited about all the tissue and wrapping paper than the actual gifts. But the big kids helped him get into the spirit of things.
After presents we decided it was cake time. We were all so very excited to see how he would react to his first taste of cake. He was not pleased to be taken away from playing to be put in his highchair...I think a bit confused since we had just eaten dinner. This picture is just too cute not to post.
The tears quickly ended when he saw the cake and candles!
He had a little help blowing out the candles.
We plopped a big piece of cake and all waited in anticipation.
And then after a few bites he decided he LOVES it. So funny to watch- he had us all in giggles.
What I want remember about you at one year old you-
- are excited and enthusiastic about life!
- say Mama, Dada, bye-bye, boo, baby, shoes, hi, ball, I do, and imitate lots of sounds. You are getting really good at making car sounds when you drive your toy cars and airplane sounds to soar an airplane. I have a feeling Nathan has been a pretty good tutor.
- do not like to be restrained in any way. Diaper changes and dressing are not your favorite time. Sitting in the pew during sacrament meeting is also quite the challenge.
- enjoy riding in the car most of the time. On our days we carpool we have to spend about an hour in the morning and and hour in the afternoon in the car and you are happy to do so (thankfully!).
- love music! You love to exuberantly wave your hands to the hymns at church and when we play the piano or violin at home.
- nurse at 9:30 am, 2:00 pm, 6:30 pm and 4:30 am. It is still and enjoyable and cozy time for both of us.
- enjoy eating at mealtime with us. Your favorite foods are prunes, peas, bananas, spaghetti, vegetable minestrone, lasagna, peaches, avocados, and mandarin oranges.
- you wake for the day around 7 am, nap at 9:30 and 2:00 and go to bed around 6:30. You have made big strides in night time sleep in the last 6 weeks (phew). You usually sleep until 4:30 when we have an early morning feeding and you go back to bed. If you stir in the night you will usually let Daddy cover you or pat your bottom and settle back down. Occasionally you are put out by this and cry a bit.
- you are a fast walker now! It makes you seem so grown up to Mommy.
I love you my little boy! My heart is just brimming with gratitude that you are in our life and I can't imagine our family without you in it. We all ADORE you.
2 comments:
I cannot believe he is 1 already! He is adorable and I cannot wait to see you all in June. I know it's only 3-1/2 months away but it's far too long!!
What a fun celebration! I love the picture of Matthew all sad before his cake... he didn't know what was coming! He is just so cute and i can't wait to get him and Sammy together!!!
Post a Comment