Saturday, March 29, 2014

Mini Clayton Reunion

Something really wonderful happened this month! My sister Beth decided to drive here from Texas on her Spring Break with her four kids. And miraculously Ben, Christine, and Sam were able to make it down for the weekend. We ended up with a spontaneous Clayton mini-reunion east of the Mississippi. I was so HAPPY. 
I am really, really sad that Ben, Beth, and I didn't get a picture to document that it happened. We were too busy enjoying each other's company, I guess! We enjoyed spending Saturday visiting and catching up and cooking a big taco feast to enjoy. Sunday we went to church together and then so sadly bid the Clayton's goodbye as they had to head back to Ohio. It was so great that they made the trip for the weekend. Hosting everyone here was just SO fun. 

Here are some pictures to document our fun, not necessarily in order:

We have a Veteran's Park near our home and there is a retired army tank parked there for kids to explore. We took everyone there for family home evening and they all  had a blast.


Here are the kids (minus Matthew and Sam): Lindsay, Jacob, Luke, Heidi, Clayton, Nathan. 

These kids played SO hard for the whole week. I just loved the bonding and friendships that were strengthened. 

Heidi and Lindsay had a few choreographed dances they worked on all week. After lots of rehearsals we got to enjoy a few performances. 

This was the first time Sam and Matthew have gotten together when they've both been walking. It was so fun to see how big they both looked.  I hope they are always good buddies. Priceless cousin moment= Matthew sneaking up and stealing bacon off of Sammy's breakfast tray. He was sure determined to get it and Sam seemed to tolerate the intrusion...but looks a little unsure about things in this picture. 

Heidi enjoyed a mini birthday party while everyone was here.

The kids put on a lot of crazy "shows" for us-


The weather cooperated for a bit of outdoor play a couple days.


One morning I took the kids over to Keeneland to watch the horses workout. We were so disappointed to find the track being worked on by a construction crew instead!

We did explore the grounds a bit anyway.

The highlight of the week was just being together. The kids all played really well together and enjoyed hours of fun. That's what it's all about.
Luke and Nathan were pretty into moving this dirt/digging holes.



Other fun included a tour of Old Kentucky Chocolates and a trip to the theater to watch Frozen. So many fun memories. We were sad to say goodbye to cousins. Grateful we have folks in Ohio and Texas now making us not feel so far away!
Thanks for the visit Thurston's and Clayton's!!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

such fun cousin memories! And I've totally been to Keeneland.