Don't you love date night?? Sometimes just the thought of spending time with Trent on a Friday night will get me through a rough week. We recently started trading babysitting nights with some friends of ours and as a result, we've resumed having regular dates.
So, I want to hear your favorite date ideas. What are some of your favorites?
5 comments:
Date night? What's date night?
For us, I think it would be fun to go to a nice restaurant where high chairs aren't allowed. :)
That's great you found another couple to trade babysitting nights with. We're still on the lookout but you can't choose just anyone
Well, I have a lot because I'm plotting for when John gets home from Basic Training. Some of our favorites are: reading to each other from our favorite books, having a picnic on a blanket in the living room (maybe if the baby is at the babysitter's house), trying new restaurants, plays, movies, cooking together, star-gazing, s'mores (campfire or microwave style), museums, natural attractions (caves or such), root beer floats, hot chocolate and breakfast food at a diner, shopping and getting each other a little present each... I miss John, so I could go on forever. But, I hope this helps. :)
Kev and I are both super indecisive people. One night we flipped a quarter at every road turn: "heads is left, tails is right". Then when the quarter would lead us into a parking lot or place we'd decide if we were going inside by saying "heads is yes, tails is no". It turned out to be one of our fave dates... doing random things at random stores, just laughing and being together.
Dane and I are kinda boring where we really could be happy with dinner and a movie everytime, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that but to change it up a little we bought season tickets to our local college theatre and music productions. It is kinda fun to look at the schedule and say we are going this night because this is playing, and it feels kinda free. And the season ticket was only $26.
Tom and I are boring, and our dates are usually just a movie on the couch after the kids are in bed...or a trip to the temple if we're lucky and go together. I love to get together with friends, doesn't happen nearly enough. Once or twice in the past though, after the movie we've played a game- have you ever seen Two Weeks Notice? Well, we're not big chess fans, So Tom got me Scrabble instead...... :)
Post a Comment