diaper sprayer courtesy of Trent :)
Alrighty folks. I thought I'd give a report of my cloth diaper experiment. It's now been almost 3 weeks since we began this little adventure.I have found a few diapers that have worked wonderfully: FuzziBunz Perfect Fit Diaper, Thirsties Fab Fitted with cover, and BumGenius One Size Pocket Diaper. I'm still experimenting with a few others. In many ways, cloth doesn't seem any harder than disposables. I guess instead of running to Wal-Mart for some diapers I've just done a load of laundry. Having said that, I am SURE there will be times when we just use disposables (travelling, longer outings, etc.). I'm anxious to see what "system" we come up with that works for us.
As far as Nathan goes, something amazing has happened! NO blowouts! I kid you not. That has been surprisingly wonderful. Heidi is a little trickier. I'm still trying to decide what diaper fits best on her. I'm thinking I will do the FuzziBunz on her as that seems to be working best for an active todller. I will let you know what is decided.
A few have been curious about the no diaper dunking that I mentioned in my last post.
First off, many of the materials used on cloth diapers these days are such that the waste easily just knocks off of it ( sorry if TMI!). However, Trent just made me a handy diaper sprayer with some easy supplies from Home Depot to ensure that we can just spray anything "extra" into the toilet. Fantastic!
Anyway, we are going to build up a supply of diapers and give this thing a go!
2 comments:
That is wonderful and i'm smiling about your diaper sprayer. Quite genious Trent.
Nice!!! Okay, I think I'm going to try it- for home anyway...I'll def have to get a diaper sprayer though!
Post a Comment