Trent and I have been so curious how a sun oven would work in our yard. After all, I'm pretty sure we live in one of the sunniest places on the planet. There is rarely a cloud in the sky. So, last week we borrowed Trent's grandparents solar oven to do some experimenting. We made a batch of chocolate chip cookies and they turned out great! They baked in just about the same amount of time as they do in my indoor oven. But, they didn't heat up the kitchen. Amazing!
The picture below documents our first shot at it: (don't mind our DEAD lawn. We let our winter grass die and have yet to plant summer grass)
4 comments:
That's awesome! What a fun day for you guys!
Good to know that works. We've wondered about it too! We've thought about getting it to use in emergencies.
First off, I love your title...you clever thing! :) That was probably the greatest gift for those 2...to be able to successfully cook a yummy meal in a solar oven! I'm impressed that it worked, and happy about your cool house when it was all done! :)
Hey wisp, you stole my line- That's awesome! What a great thing, are you still using the solar oven? Tom got a propane stove for dad's day- we've used it a few times, and I need to use it more!
Post a Comment