Thursday, October 1, 2009

October Welcome

Oh, how I love October. All the anticipation of holidays and cozy winter months ahead. Crisp, cool air and fall leaves. Pumpkins and apples. Sweaters, warm socks, and short days.
October comes to Arizona and we greet it eagerly, just for different reasons. Relief from triple digit heat (at least some days), bright blue skies, lots of walks, and a return to a daily park routine. Yes, I am embracing it this year. Last year, I LONGED for October as I knew it in the past. And I suppose I still do. I have my cinnamon spice potpourri going and pumpkins on my table. But, I'm loving my Arizona October this time around. Let me show you why:

hop, skip, jump

watch me slide!

sweet observer

neighborhood snack break
Do you see why?

5 comments:

Beth said...

Nice to not have so many sweat beads while at the park.

The Gentry's said...

Why is it we aren't moving over there again?

Monica said...

Oh, yes...we love AZ, even though I was wishing for a sweatshirt as we sat out in the 80 degree weather last night with you!:)

Logan and Tanya said...

Your little observer is growing up so fast! He's getting a more mature look about him! Watch out...he won't be content to just "observe" for much longer! :}

Dan/Kealy said...

I'm jealous! It's cold here in Cleveland. And btw, I love your family picture that you have at the top of your blog-so cute!