Monday, April 9, 2012

Gaby Comes to Visit

My dear Gaby friend came to visit us in February. Her visits are like sweet balm for my soul! There is something so wonderful about a visit from a friend who has known you since before you could form complete sentences. :)

We can always pick up right where we left off without any pretenses.

Coming from a New York winter we tried to help her soak up the sunshine as much as possible!
We enjoyed sharing this little hike at Usery Mtn Park. It was gorgeous.
We also enjoyed a trip to the local olive oil mill/restaurant. And she got her good deed in by helping me with a garage sale. It was a good weekend indeed!


Can you tell the level of adoration these kids had for her? 

Heidi wrote this note to Gaby: "Gaby, I love you. I want to be your friend forever...." 

Gaby, how is it that we didn't even take ONE photo of the two of us together?? Not even our traditional "on the way to the airport" shot?? I guess that just means I'll have to come to New York to see you :)
At least I have this documentation on this photo booth strip that you were really here. 

Thank you for visiting us in the desert, my friend!!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

so sad I missed her!!