Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Break= Utah + Kentucky

We had an action packed spring break this year.  We drove from Arizona to Utah as a family. 
The kids did great and the weather cooperated nicely. I love what this picture captures...Mommy taking her turn at the wheel, Daddy reading to the kiddos, Heidi (and Nathan!) playing and listening in the backseat. 


 We drove in and got there just in time to spend the evening with Blake, Cami and their children. The kids played hard for the couple hours they were together. 
And then crashed that night!

 The next morning we got up and got ready and I got the kids settled in for a few days' stay at Grammy's. 
I just had to include this picture of Heidi helping Nathan get ready that morning. I'm just not so sure of the outcome of the hairdo...he doesn't seem to mind!

Trent and I flew out to Kentucky for a whirlwind house-hunting trip. We saw about 27 houses over the course of three days. We had an awesome realtor who really gave us a feel for the area and we definitely saw a lot of what was available in our price range!  Even though we worked hard on the task of finding a place to live it was so fun to be together just the two of us for a few days. 
We got to KY on the heels of the big tornadoes that went through the area. While it didn't damage the area where we will be living there sure was a lot of talk of taking cover the day before we got there. 
And then a couple days later we woke up to a winter wonderland!

We had a fun time getting to know the area a little better and meeting some of the residents and their families. We were SO graciously welcomed and hosted by those who had us in their homes. It was comforting to me to have some names and faces in what will be our new home in a couple months.

It melted quickly and turned into the beginnings of spring!
 We narrowed our home choices down to a top three selection and ended up making an offer on the one we thought suited the needs of our family the best. We are excited about it in a very "wait-and-see" way at the moment. We've had a few snags come up in the inspection process and so we are negotiating with the sellers currently. We should find out this week if things will work out of if we will be back to square one. I'll post a picture and share details *if* it turns out to be our house!

By the time we finished up and returned to UT I was sooo anxious to see my babies and kiss chubby cheeks again. We arrived at Grammy's to find them as comfy and cozy as can be in bed. And those chubby cheeks were just as delicious as I had remembered.
They had a wonderful time playing with Grammy and cousins and stayed very, very busy and happy. 


The day after we returned the women in Trent's extended family had a reunion/conference. While us women-folk partied and learned together, the dads braved BYU for bowling fun! 
Kids playing on the arcade. I don't even think there were coins in these machines...

Then this big group of cousins and dads went to the Bean Museum. 
Can you believe my little man has a SNAKE around his neck?! Yikes. 

After this fun weekend we had to bid farewell to Daddy so he could get back to AZ for school.
A couple days later we celebrated Heidi's 5th birthday!
 We had a little impromptu gathering with some cousins at the park. 


And that night we opened a few presents with Grandma and Grandpa. Heidi had requested that I bring only one present to UT and that she wanted to save the rest for returning to AZ so Daddy didn't miss out. I was surprised by this but happily complied with her wishes. She was very thrilled to receive this bride doll! She also opened a couple treasure from Grandma & Grandpa which added to the fun.

In all this gathering of family, quilting was bound to happen. Especially since Grandma Ray was in town. 
I love this picture. These hands know how to QUILT.

 The following weekend my family had a mini-reunion in Salt Lake. It was a whole lot of fun to be together! I had just nestled the kids in for bed on our first night of this excursion in our hotel room. I was in my jammies myself and just laid down on the bed to finish my book. Just as I was relaxing I heard someone fumbling with the lock of my door. Thinking it was just someone confused with their room number I didn't think much of it until I heard the doorknob turn and then the door creak open. What in the world?! Could that be someone in my room? I hopped out of bed pretty fast. So fast that I didn't even grab my glasses. I rounded the corner to see the silhouette of a man and a suitcase and for a split moment I thought I may have to protect my young all on my own. All I could find was my flipflop to throw at this guys head. Just before doing that I realized...TRENT?? Trent had surprised me by joining us at this reunion. I had absolutely no idea that he had planned this all along. What a relief that a) We were not being harmed by an intruder and b) I got to spend the weekend with my honey!

Saturday our group went to the Hogle Zoo. I have always loved that zoo and it was just as great as I remember and so fun to share with my kids. They had a fun time exploring with cousins. 

And cuddling with Grandma. It was a little chilly which meant we didn't have to fight any crowds!

 And cuddle time with mom. I do love these little faces. And I love that they are mine.

 The following morning most of the age 8+ crowd got to go listen to Music and the Spoken Word in the tabernacle. So beautiful every time!

Trent went back to AZ when this fun weekend was over and I stayed awhile longer to soak in the quality time with the family before heading south.


1 comment:

wisp said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun! =) I love all of the pictures. I am excited for you to start your new life in Kentucky.