Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Oh Baby!



Baby #4 is on the way! I am due around January 31st and we are all very excited for this bundle to arrive. I am feeling blessed and relieved to not have the long wait we had between Nathan and Matthew. Heavenly Father certainly has a plan on when  babies come to families and it is important.This pregnancy has really flown by and I feel like I better write about it thus far while all the details are fresh on my mind.

Between week 5-6 I started to feel tired and nauseous, with distinct food aversions. Those are pretty much my standard first trimester symptoms. I'm really grateful I don't have to deal with throwing up as one of my symptoms. All the same, keeping up with three active kids while not feeling like I had energy was taxing. I was really grateful that the beginning of summer vacation and my first trimester coincided so nicely. It was nice to have the flexibility of taking slow days when I needed to and that would have been much more tricky during the school year.

Unlike other pregnancies where my symptoms were more constant, I had good days and bad days. At first, I 'd really worry when I would have a good day that I might be about to miscarry. After awhile, I learned to trust that it was just the style this pregnancy and enjoyed the good days when they came. Around week 16 I started to feel better and by week 18 I felt great. I have had lots of energy and been feeling physically comfortable so far. It's been nice to start catching up on housework and other things I had to let go!

I feel the baby often and it is one of my most favorite things in the world! At 22 weeks I had my anatomy ultrasound and we also found out that we are having another little BOY! Both Trent and I were a little nervous to tell Heidi that she was getting another brother when she had made it know that a sister in the mix would sure be great. I made cupcakes for the kids that night and put blue frosting inside to let them know a brother was on the way. Nathan was of course over the moon and Heidi was excited too. She said she sure loves Matthew and Nathan and is sure she'll love this little man too. Plus, she thinks that getting her own room in the near future sounds pretty neat. This baby has some pretty wonderful older siblings who already love him so much. I've been worried about how Matthew will handle the transition to being an older sibling as he has been my most "attached" baby (by far) to me and sharing me might be tricky. He is growing and changing so very much right now and showing more independence which I know will only increase as he gets closer to two. He LOVES babies so hopefully that will help him bond to his new buddy!

I am finding it hard to believe I'm past the half way point- this week will be my 25 week mark. Baby, we can't wait to meet you!!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Aw, I'm just so happy for you! Wishing we were closer...