Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Labor Day Apple Picking

This was our second year going out to Reed Valley Orchard for some apple picking on Labor Day. It is a fun new tradition and useful too- apples are 50 % off that day so we can really stock up. And the place is swarming with friends. I think we saw lots of folks from every ward in the area. It's fun to go down each row and see someone you know.


It was a pretty rainy day but we were happy to only have one very brief downpour. Nathan found shelter under a tree and Matthew was happy to wait it out in his stroller.


I have a soft spot of some good, Kentucky bluegrass music. So, I was pretty pleased to find some music on the front porch of the country store.

When we came home we set up our "factory" and peeled and cored our harvest. We ended up with lots of apple slices for the freezer as well as a few batches of applesauce. 


No comments: