Friday, November 21, 2014

September Utah Trip

The kids and I were able to make a trip to Utah in mid-September. The timing was a little funny since we'd just started school a few weeks earlier. But, we just packed up our school work and headed west. 

I have the cutest little travelling companions!


It had been years since I'd visited in the fall and it was so nice to smell that mountain air and see the beauties . We were SO excited to see family and get to Grandma and Grandpa's house!
The kids spent a lot of time in the basement playing in the playroom and outside playing in the yard. 
I wasn't good at taking tons of pictures (seems to be one of pregnancy downfalls this go around for some reason!) 
 Grandpa Clayton participated in a really fun air show in Spanish Fork. Lisa and I took our kids and enjoyed all the excitement. 


 Sitting in Grandpa's parachute...

Testing out "driving" a local fire truck was a highlight.




The main reason we went out in September was so I could participate in a sisters retreat with Trent's mom, sisters and sisters-in-law. To say we had a great time would be an understatement! by some miracle we all snuck away from life's responsibilites for a few days and left our scads of children with other responsible adults. I left my kids with Lisa and family who so kindly offered to watch them while I left. The kids had a GREAT time and I really enjoyed time with these ladies and a break from my usual responsiblites was very refreshing. 
We gathered at a vacation home rental in Midway. The fall colors were just changing and the location was just perfect. 

Pretty much we relaxed, talked, laughed, ate, shopped and relaxed some more. 
Dacia pampered all of us with fancy pedicures!

Our main reason for gathering was to celebrate Amy's and Dionne's 40th birthdays. Now we're all anxious for someone else to turn 40 so we can party again!


A little late night Reverse Charades provided some good laughs.

The weather was ideal and we enjoyed a scenic ski lift ride up the mountain side one day and had lunch at the top. It was gorgeous! 

It really was so fun to bond with these women. I'm grateful to have them in my life!

After 3 days we returned and I found all well with my little brood. Matthew had miraculously adjusted just fine to life at Lisa's house and the big kids had made lots of fun cousin memories. 

We enjoyed a couple more days with family and then prepared for the journey home to KY!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Blog catch up time! This looks SO fun. Now, if only we could schedule an Emily/Alisa retreat. I would be a fan of that! So, your belly looks super small in the pedicure pic and then looks preggo in the picnic pic. I'm assuming it's cuz you're laying down in the first. Also, you must send me a 9mo belly pic of yourself soon, since I've never actually seen you pregnant in person!