After our adventures in Iowa we all hopped in our rental cars and headed north to Lake Minnewaska in Minnesota. It was about a 6 hour drive through gorgeous country. It was fun (and helpful!) to have my niece Chloe ride along in our car.
We stayed right on the lake in some townhouse/condos and it really was the perfect location. I had come to Clayton reunions here during my youth and have fond memories. My dad grew up coming here during the summers of his childhood and was SO happy to get to share it with his posterity.
I won't lie, I was concerned about doing the lake with 3 little ones without Trent's help. Good news: I kept everyone alive and they LOVED it! I was not feeling my best due to first trimester pregnancy symptoms but I pushed through and was so glad I did so that my kids could have these memories.
Most of our time was spent at the beach and on the lake playing.
Grandpa rented a boat a few days and it was fun to putter around the lake.
The littles spent a lot of time digging for shells and treasures in the sand.
Matthew wasn't so sure about his first boat ride. But when we pulled up to shore and it was time to get out he asked for more!
One fun night Ben and I got to sneak away with Mom and Dad for a little Dairy Queen. So fun!
These floating mats and trampoline were enjoyed by all.
This cute man even got his turn driving the pontoon boat around.
The location was ideal for having places for the kids to play and recreate and the adults enjoyed some good conversation.
Truly a once in a lifetime trip for all of us...thank you Mom and Dad!










No comments:
Post a Comment