Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Halloween and Festivities!

Holidays with little kids are just so fun. I love their anticipation and I love that now they are old enough to look forward to traditions from year to year. 

On a Sunday afternoon a week or two before Halloween the kids and I enjoyed making and decorating sugar cookies. Matthew even joined in the fun this year and from the looks of things he really enjoyed himself!



And they tasted good too...


And of course, the pumpkin carving! Heidi and Nathan each designed their own and Trent and I did most of the cutting. We let Matthew go to town with markers on his and that seemed to be just right for him. 


The actual Halloween dawned very gray, cold, and drizzly. And to top it off, Nathan was under the weather with a cold. Gratefully by night time he was feeling a little better and with no fever, I decided to let him go out with the trick or treating group for a bit. 
This year we had two matching frogs and Queen Elsa. 


Matthew was of course a little clueless at what we were doing at first but after a few houses he joined in even doing his best to say "trick or treat!". 


One of the holiday joys of parenthood is trick or treating with little ones, I think! We only made it to the end of our street and back before it started sleeting and ALL of us were quite chilled and ready to come home for hot chocolate. It wasn't the lengthiest route but luckily we had our church party the next night where we trunk or treated around the building and that filled in any gaps. 

And as fun as it is while it lasts, I'm always happy to bid Halloween goodbye and welcome the November and December holidays!

No comments: