Monday, March 30, 2009

Summer Yummi-ness

So, I want to know what your favorite summertime dinners are. As the hot season here approaches, I'm trying to gather some good summertime recipes. Last summer I found out that recipes that don't heat up your kitchen when you cook them or your body when you eat them are the best. I'm trying to build up a collection of some yummy new summertime goodness so if you've got a favorite then leave me a comment...THANKS!

7 comments:

Dacia said...

Funny how you're worried about your "hot season" and I'm still battling off blizzards. Hmmm...somethin's not right! ;) Just give me two weeks and I'll be there with you guys!

wisp said...

My niece made us a salad that I love. It's just iceberg lettuce, green grapes, drained mandarin oranges, slivered/sliced almonds (but I was thinking peanuts would be good instead, too), chow mein noodles, and the Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing (it's Light). It's so good and light and refreshing! :)

Monica said...

Salad wraps I think are our favorite. Sometimes we use deli meat, but most of the time we cook up some chicken (can be done on the grill). We put different things each time but here are some ideas:
chicken, egg, cheese, cottage cheese, fat free italian dressing, nuts of some sort, lettuce, avocados, corn, peas, cucumbers, celery, carrots, sunflower seeds, and whatever is in your cupboard or fridge.
Seriously, they are so filling and YUMMY! But, we also enjoy pita pockets with above ingredients, too. Soft tacos are easy, especially when you cook a lot of meat at once and freeze it in baggies. Grilling was our favorite last year, but our grill is out by the pool with misters, so that made it bearable to be outside. We do LOVE grilled chicken, though. We've already started doing that almost every night this week. Then we eat it with a lettuce salad and a fruit salad and that is our dinner...another YUMMY!

The Gentry's said...

We have a recipe book full of grilling ideas. (do you have a bbq grill?) You can borrow it if you want and make copies of those that look good. We like alot of the recipes in there.

Beth said...

first things! Nathan is looking so cute and old in those pictures. I can't believe it has been over a month. He sure is looking like Trent's baby picture. Isn't 2 cute. Loved your discriptions of Heidi's play. The topics are very different than Luke's, but I LOVE seeing the imagination start blooming around this age.

Logan and Tanya said...

I obviously live in an opposite climate of you...I LOOOOVE my crockpot! Can you use that in your garage?! :)

Macsen said...

I like doing BBQ chicken Salad. It's built a lot like taco salad, but instead of ground beef you bbq chicken breasts and then cut them into little cubes. Place it onto a bed of corn chips and lettuce and then add green onions and tomatoes, etc. Finally, put ranch and bbq sauce on top. If you want to go all out find a Jicama (I think that's how it's spelled) and cut it into little cubes. It ads a nice, fresh crunch. It's also way good with limes squeezed over it and Queso Fresca crumbled on top. You can serve it with the chicken hot or cold. They're both awesome! I think California Pizza Kitchen makes a dish like this. I learned how to make it from my step-mom. Enjoy!