Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas (UT version)

We headed up to Utah for Ben's wedding (more details on that coming soon) and stayed for a bit afterward and enjoyed the holiday festivities and family. I went a little early with the kids to enjoy some pre-wedding with my parents (who were home visiting from their mission in NY) and time with the happy couple. Trent came up 5 days later just in time for all the fun to begin. I decided to just to a random modpodge of pictures as a summary of our trip. We were able to do so many fun things and enjoy so much time with both families. It really was great. Christmas Eve was spent with my family. We had a delicious dinner together and enjoyed exhanging gifts as families and cousins. Christmas Day was spent with Trent's family exchanging gifts, eating Christmas dinner, and just relaxing.

There was no snow when we first arrived but Heidi was hopeful. So hopeful, in fact, that she slept with her hat on just in case. She was in heaven sleeping in Grandma's little bed. That is something she really looks forward to when we go up.

We lucked out, a few days later we got a nice storm. And it just seemed to keep coming after that. TONS of snow over the next few weeks. Our first snowman (I mean snow princess) I'm sure Heidi would have corrected me.
A few days before the wedding I went with most of my sisters and mom to my sister's little shop to get "outfitted" for the big day. We all took the dresses that we were planning on wearing to the wedding and had fun picking out new jewelry and accessories. It was a blast. Just like playing dress up. Luckily the store was closed most of the time so we had full run of the place!

Trent had snowblowing duty a few times at his parents house. Yes, he has no coat! Crazy guy. Don't worry, I gave him one right after I took the picture. I just love the way those trees behind him look without leaves. SO gorgeous against that cloudy sky. I realized how much I really miss winter during this trip (yes, I am serious). Don't get me wrong, I was happy to come back to my gorgeous warmth here in the desert. But there is something so nice and restful about true winter weather.

Trent's brother Blake and his cute family drove in for Christmas. Heidi really hit it off with these cousins. They had a blast! She and Kelsey were in almost constant make believe world the entire time! This picture is of Kelsey, Mylee, and Heidi recreating "Christmas morning" with those little Christmas trees:


Trent and I had our usual dental banquet in Salt Lake. This time was extra great because we were able to stay overnight in a hotel afterwards. It had been awhile since we'd had an outing just the two of us. It was SO nice to just relax together. Trent's parents and sisters were so nice to keep the kids overnight for us!

Trent had a little woodworking project to do in preparation of a Christmas gift so he and Nathan went to Home Depot for supplies. Can you see how thrilled Nathan is to be at his favorite store?

We went bowling with some of my siblings and their families at BYU. Heidi had remembered seeing the "Y" on the mountain from when went there this summer. Well, it was covered in snow this time. This wall mural seemed to make her happy enough:

And she really loved the bowling part too...

She just loved playing in the snow! Attempting a snow angel on some pretty hard, frozen snow!

It is very, very fun to swing in the winter. Especially when Grammy pushes you sooo high!

Just hanging out with cousin Wilson:
Nathan loved watching Daddy (or anyone else) snowblow. Here he is right after a bath watching for Daddy out the window:
Grammy let the kids help her make bread. Heidi was using her blankie as "long hair" at that moment. I couldn't resist adding this picture:




Aunt Capri gave Heidi thse rings. Oh, what a dream come true!

We had a great time being together, relaxing with family, and making some great memories. We sure love you all!
*wedding details coming next*

1 comment:

Di said...

No way. You were there? *sigh* I shoulda called! WE were in mapleton for 4 days! I love Heidi's 'long hair!"