The kids are both on the cusp of new stages. Nathan will be two in one month. His babyhood is fleeting and slipping between my fingers like sand. He is turning into a boy. He loves to play outside in the sandbox and with his Tonka truck and will entertain himself that way for quite awhile. His fun is only enhanced when Heidi is out there with him. He loves everything to do with WORKERS and spends much of his day being one. He still showers me with hugs and kisses anytime I ask, and loves to cuddle.
Heidi will be four in two months and she is counting down the days and spends time "just pretending" that she is four. Her mind is very active and she is learning and curious about everything. She loves to make believe that she is a mommy or a princess, and incorporates whoever is around into her fun. Luckily, Nathan is a very willing participant to be the prince, daddy, or baby most anytime. She has had moderate interest in our scholastic endeavors but as of recently she is taking off with anything I offer her. A couple weeks ago she decided to sound out everything in sight and is now a beginning reader! She loves to color and do art and craft projects. She is in ballet again with the community class and continues to love it.
Trent is busy in his third year of dental school and we've found ourselves in a time of planning and anticipating upcoming change. We've left the safety of the early and middle years of dental school and are now on the downhill slope. This is exciting territory and what we've looked forward to. But with it comes big decisions and uncertainty of what to do next. We are in the process of planning externships/rotations. This means Trent will have the chance to visit many residency programs he is interested in and get to know what the different places are like. In the meantime, he comes home with stories of drilling, filling, and crowns. He has also stayed quite busy with his church calling on Sundays and mid-week but even that appears to be in a time of transition.
And what to say about myself? Is it cheating to say I stay busy with all that was said in the above paragraphs? It is true. Most of my time is spent in maintaining the everyday and I can say with sincerity that I love it. In the slivers of time in between all that is happening, I slip in exercising, reading, and creative projects here and there. I have been fortunate to have a couple "jobs" that I do at home at night right now which has been nice. And I'm still serving with the Relief Society at church. One of my current hobbies is exploring the world of preschool and tot school and experimenting with activites for the kiddos. I think I've decided that I'm quite simply entertained as a lot of my joy comes from things like park days with friends and hanging my clothes on the line in the sunshine or taking a load of clean, fresh diapers in from outside.
This is us right now.
*I got the idea for this snapshot from the blog: www.71toes.blogspot.com. I thought this would prove to be a nice way to document the present and see how we all change over the course of the coming year.
2 comments:
I would love for you to share your ideas for preschool, kid activities, etc. I need to get myself in gear and do some fun things with Max but I can't seem to get into it. Good luck w/ no sugar month!!
Love it! Hm, I need to do something like...heck, I need to blog period! I can't believe how grown up Heidi is getting, and Nathan too! Sounds like you're doing Fantastic things for your family, as usual! :)
Post a Comment