We had "Christmas Eve" on Friday, Dec. 10th. I had so much fun getting ready with a traditional Christmas Eve dinner with ham and trimmings. Because the kids were so excited it wasn't hard at all to get into the spirit of the season and feel the magic a little early.
Then we enjoyed reading the Christmas story together. Everything was cozy and magical. I wish someone would've told me how special Christmas becomes when you are the parent. I just loved helping my kids feel those wonderful inklings of the Christmas spirit.
After leaving cookies, milk, and a carrot out for Santa and his reindeer (oh, and an extra cookie for Mrs. Clause per Heidi's request), the children headed off to bead with visions of sugarplums in their little heads.
This picture is realy weird with the lighting but I just had to include it. Can you see the wonder on Heidi's face and the "I'm just following in Heidi's footsteps" look on Nathan's? Here they are rounding the corner and looking at what Santa had left in the night:
It really was a Merry Christmas!
5 comments:
So cute...you can tell that Mom and Dad helped Santa make this a great Christmas!
How sweet! And WOW! THose kiddos have some yummy cheeks! Makes me want to fly down there to give them a kiss! Oh wait. I will next week!
Adorable kiddos!!! Loved both Christmas posts. I just love all of the pics.
Fantastic pictures!!! So adorable :)
Em, your family pictures and blog entries are so wonderful! Just the boost I needed today! I'm glad you had such wonderful Christmas celebrations and brother's wedding.
Post a Comment