The kids and I had such a wonderful time spending time in Utah summer goodness with our families.
Grandparent time and cousin time can't be beat!
Grandparent time and cousin time can't be beat!
We enjoyed a picnic lunch on the Provo Temple grounds with Grammy, Shayla, Christine and Sammy. We were so excited that our trip overlapped with Christine and Sammy. They were very fun roommates in Grandma's basement.
It was a very special treat to enjoy the 24th of July festivities in Mapleton. I love that little town and it's at its best on that holiday. Nathan was Grandma's official helper in reserving spots when I was taking Heidi to the float pick up spot. Heidi was so brave and wanted to ride on the primary float even though her cousins would be out of town and she didn't really know anyone. She explained to me it was her moment to shine and she couldn't miss it. She practiced her princess wave all the way down to the pickup location at the junior high!
Matthew was a little unsure about the parade at first as the fire trucks roared by and woke him up from his nap but after some Shayla snuggles he warmed up to the whole idea.
Oh, how I love these sweet faces!
Meanwhile back at the ranch Trent continued on! He sent me regular text updates and we talked on the phone each night. I had to let go of the stress of the whole project since there wasn't anything I could do from afar. I definitely felt like the lucky one! Our neighbors are the best and took such good care of him.
Our little group of neighbors has an annual campout in the backyard across the street. Trent texted me this picture as a neighborly greeting from afar!
I sooo wish I had more pictures from our Utah trip but I think I was having too much fun and holding a baby the whole time which ended up with a shortage of pictures. But that didn't equal a shortage of fun.
We SOAK UP our summer family time whenever we can get it!

No comments:
Post a Comment