We recently held our first annual "No-Manners Dinner" in our backyard. We didn't tell the kids the rules until after everyone was seated. At first they were a little reticent, but eventually they gave in to a full-body experience.
The menu: spaghetti, garlic bread, steamed veggies and a pudding pie topped off with a few cans of whipped topping. The rules: There were none!
Here is Nathan blowing bubbles in his drink with his straw, something that he desperately refrains from on a regular basis. I told him to blow big motor boat bubbles that night!
See how dainty Heidi is as she begins eating her dinner? Even when rules don't apply she is still a rule follower...
...that is until it came time for the food fight at the end. Trent didn't want to participate in the food fight, so he manned the hose to keep everyone else away from him.
After everyone had figured out how to eat spaghetti without utensils
and polished off dinner, we served a pudding pie. I had previously hid
one gummy bear inside. I said whoever found it was off of dish duty for
two days. I REALLY wanted to find it myself but Heidi beat me to it!
This was a highly popular activity in the end, one the kids look forward to repeating next year. Yep. It'll be on the books as an annual event!
1 comment:
That is SUCH A GOOD IDEA!!! How fun!
Post a Comment