This fall brought some big changes for our kids- both started school!
Nathan is going a couple days a week to preschool. A girl from church has a little preschool in her home. She needed violin lessons for her girls and so we arranged a little trade that seems to be pretty nice for both of us! Heidi was registered to attend our local school but at the last minute was accepted into a school here in town that I had admired for a year or so- she goes a couple days a week and has "off" days at home where she and I work on assignments at home. Kind of the best of homeschooling and school all in one. We were excited for both kids to have new opportunities for growth and learning.
Here are clothes and backpacks set out the night before school. And don't forget the big bin of animal crackers for Nathan to add to preschool snack stash!
Lunches ready!
Our beautiful first-grader all ready to go! She was so excited and just a little nervous.
Nathan ready for his big preschool entrance.
Baby brother
Heidi and Nathan had their big moments at the same time. Luckily Trent was able to drop Heidi off at school which freed me up to take Nathan. I was disappointed I couldn't be at Heidi's opening ceremony but luckily got to see pictures and video afterwards.
Neat bagpipe and drum music for the occasion.
The principal announced each class and read every student's name. This is the first grade being introduced.
This is Heidi's little class with her teacher, Mrs. Evans. If you look closely at this picture her little face looks MORTIFIED. All her excited melted into a little apprehension once they got to school, though she'd never admit it!
This was the first time I'd sent my babies away for schooling away from our home and it was a big day for Mommy! I couldn't help but wondering how they were doing all day long and hoping everything was what they hoped it would be. They both came home with glowing reports as Mommy peppered them with questions about all the details of their day, teachers, and classmates.
I am so grateful for good opportunities for both of them!



1 comment:
They are so cute! And Matthew looks so big!
Post a Comment