What I LOVE about fall:
- the first changing leaves on the mountain
- crisp mornings and evenings
- getting out my box of winter sweaters that have been in summer hibernation
- coziness- feeling like you want to burn a yummy smelling candle or make pumpkin bread
- the sudden relief from the summer heat
- the anticipation of the holidays ahead
- an afternoon drive through the canyon to soak up the rich colors
There are many wonderful things that we are enjoying about our new stage of life: having new experiences together as a family, meeting great friends, and generally just getting on with the life we've thought about for so long. With that said, I'm missing my seasons. I miss fall.
We are currently experiencing the eternal summer. It looks, feels, and acts like the 4th of July outside! I have to laugh when the weather report says, "plenty of sunshine". That is an understatement!
So, soak up some fall time for me. In the meantime, I'm gonna go find my fall wreath and buy a pumpkin for my doorstep.
1 comment:
I love fall too!!! Don't give up, you'll experience fall very late, and we'll be freezing to death. I bet your'll still have a little fall. Just might be around Christmas. Thinking of you!
Post a Comment