Sunday, September 21, 2008

Five Things

Ok Tanya, here goes...



10 years ago I:

1- Got my driver license

2- Was giving Trent rides to school in my '87 Nissan Sentra

3- Practiced my violin 2-3 hours/day

4- Went on my first date

5- Work at a bookstore filling mail orders



5 things on todays "to-do list" (I'll do yesterday because I try not to have a "list" on Sunday)

1- Go to Wal-Mart (only problem was there were SOOO many garage sales on the way there it ended up taking me a couple hours!)

2- Clean bathrooms

3- Mop & Vacuum

4- Finish curtains for Heidi's room

5- Babysit Heidi's little friend



5 Snacks I enjoy:

1- Fruit (right now my favorites are grapefruit or peaches)

2- Cheese and crackers

3- Milk and granola bars

4- Cottage cheese and yogurt

5- Ice cream (this is our favorite Friday night thing to do...YUM!)



5 Places I have lived:

1- Van Meter, Iowa

2- Mapleton, Utah

3- Ephraim, Utah

4- Laie, Hawaii

5- Iasi, Romania



5 Jobs I have had:

1- Secretary at a charter school

2- Preschool teacher

3- Clerk at a clothing store

4- Bookstore employee

5-Server at a restaurant in the Polynesian Cultural Center



5 Pet Peeves

1- When I get behind on folding the laundry. Somehow the task seems bearable when I keep up on it and completely annoying if I let it get behind.

2- Being late. It causes me stress and I hate it.

3- Closed-mindedness. I don't like it when I or those around me get "stuck in a rut" and refuse to consider other possiblilities.

4- Opening Trent's used tupperware containers from lunch that have sat in his hot backpack all night. Yuck. Let's just say I've definitely delegated that task to him during pregnancy especially!

5- I'm sure I have many more but I'm stumped



5 things that bring me joy:

1- Watching Heidi learn something new and the absolute wonder that comes with that.
2- Spending time with Trent
3- Relaxing with family- ie. shopping with mom or sisters, chatting on the couch, eating together
4- Being outside especially the mountains or the ocean
5- Backrubs or footrubs

5 People I tag:

1- Beth
2- Cami
3- Carrie
4- Christine
5- Gaby

5 comments:

Gabrielle Germaine said...

Shout out to Van Meter!

Logan and Tanya said...

Thanks for being a good sport, Emily! I loved it. And who knew you were carting your future hubby around at age 16?!

Carrie said...

I hear ya on the used tupperware containers...that is probably one of the grossest things to me!

wisp said...

I accept your challenge! But, I'll have to wait until after midterms. :) I like learning little things about people that I didn't know and probably wouldn't have thought to ask about.

April said...

I once found a tupperware container that had been left in Sam's backpack for a week. It had molded, etc. It stunk so bad we had to just throw it away!