Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Some things change

Lookin' good, right?



Some things just change when you become a mom. I had a blatant reminder of this fact this morning. I wasn't exactly looking my best to begin with. Somewhat intentionally so, I suppose. I was trying to get a bunch of laundry done so thought I'd just have a low-key morning at home- keeping the laundry going and putzing around doing this and that. I'd gotten a sheet of stickers out for Heidi to play with and I laid on the floor for a bit and let her put them on my shirt etc.

I realized about an hour later that I needed to run to the bank and dry cleaners. Perfect on a day like today- both places generally have drive-up windows and I could go looking stale.


Turns out the dry cleaner did not have a drive-up window so Heidi and I tromped in to drop off our clothes. The clerk was nice but seemed maybe a bit too intent on me...staring a bit. I found out why as I glanced in the mirror when I got home. A nice star sticker placed on the forehead and stars and other parts of the sticker sheet strewn all throughout the hair. Lovely.









9 comments:

Logan and Tanya said...

I actually think it looks like a mini crown on your head! I think you should have just played along, and used some kind of "royal" accent! :)

Beth said...

thanks for the laugh. Heidi's not quite old enough yet to tell you when things aren't normal. funny!

Cami said...

Ha, that's funny. Unfortunately Kelsey tells me when she notices a zit on my face, "Mom, what's that red dot?" Hummm

ls said...

that cracks me up, emily. sounds like a productive (though perhaps slightly embarrassing) morning you had. i love days when i can stay home and just get stuff done.

Dionne said...

Emily that is too funny! I guess I can laugh because things like that seem to happen when you least expect it:) Heidi will get a kick out of this story about her someday!

By the way, we still hear about poison heidi around our house often.

Carrie said...

I can't stop laughing!! That's great!! Isn't being a mom an adventure!

Gabrielle Germaine said...

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha:)

April said...

That's so funny!

I hear you on missing the change of seasons. It's not hot in LA like it is in Arizona but it's always the same - Hot. I've been told that instead of the leaves turning beautiful orange and red colors, they just turn brown one day and fall off. There's something about the visual cues of fall that help settle things down and get you ready for winter. I guess when everyone is freezing in the winter we will both still be hot. :)

Di said...

Can I tell you how much better that makes me feel? I had a similar, but worse experience monday night at a friends bbq! It really does look like a crown though....