Friday, September 12, 2008

Some thoughts

I know many of you have probably heard of the AZ couple who was in a serious plane crash several weeks ago. The wife, Stephanie, has kept a great blog with a huge following. Her perspective on life is so refreshing. Check it out: http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ There has been an amazing outpouring of support from the blog-world and thousands of dollars have been raised to aid in their recovery. They have a long road ahead of them!

While very saddened by this tragedy and the long recovery this couple faces, hearing about their circumstances has really made me think lately about the way I'm living my everyday life.

Am I noticing the beauty in my life or do I get bombarded by the mundane-ness that can sometimes creep in?

Do I cherish each day I have to build my relationship with my husband and feel the loving support of being married to my best friend?

Do I cherish the absolute sweetness of my toddler? Do I take time to recieve messy peanut butter kisses and read stories on the floor? Do I spend too much time worrying about things that don't really matter?
Just a few thoughts.

2 comments:

wisp said...

Sometimes bad things happen to send a ripple through the world so that we do realize those things, I think. Now that John is at Basic Training I realize so much more how amazing he is and how lucky I am to have him in my life. I also understand now how suddenly things happen, like car accidents, so I, too, am trying to absorb my life now in case it changes.

Carrie said...

Thanks for your insight. I need to be better at cherishing the moments I have with my husband and daughter and not let the mendane-ness creep into my life.