Thursday, December 26, 2013

Flight to Utah

Matthew was THRILLED about our shuttle ride from the parking lot to the airport!
We had a direct flight from Cincinatti to Salt Lake City on Decemeber 23rd. I was a little nervous how it would go for two reasons- there had been lots of weather delays in days leading up to this and we would have a very active Matthew in tow. I was very grateful that Daddy was along this time!


It turns out he was pretty excited about a lot of his surroundings. I love his enthusiasm for life! 
It was an evening flight and luckily after nursing for awhile I was able lay him on my lap on his tummy and bounce him to sleep.

I LOVE this picture.
Yes, this is a happy/excited face.

Heidi and Nathan are awesome little travellers. They each help carry things and kept themselves quite entertained enroute with books and coloring. Matthew and I were sitting across the aisle from Daddy and the big kids so it was nice to be able to pass Matthew over to them so he could get a change of scenery and Mommy's arms could have a little break.

We followed the sunset west and it made for an "eternal sunset" affect.

I met a nice flight attendant who knew a mutual Mapleton friend and he really gave the kids the special treatment by giving each of them the snack boxes that are available to purchase for free. They were pretty excited about that.
Thankfully, we escaped any weather delays and arrived in SLC without incident. We were very excited to meet Grandpa at the airport and start a very fun holiday break. More details coming soon!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

yay, some new pics of Matthew! LOVE his happy faces!