Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ice Storm

Confession: Mommy loves weather. I do. I love looking forward to a storm. I love the cozy feeling the inside of our home has when the elements come down around us and we stay warm and snug inside. This winter has proved to have a bit of excitement with a  couple ice storms and record cold temperatures with a polar cold front. While Mommy loves weather, Daddy loves playing with his camera and catching the after affects of the ice.


One thing we've learned since living here- if there is threat of an ice storm, everything is cancelled. My friend Bridget and I had coordinated doing our piano/violin recitals together at a local rest home. The night of the planned recital we had a our first ice of the season and we had to postpone. So our family cuddled up and watched a Christmas movie and enjoyed a Friday night in.



Do you see the magic sparkle of the ice coated limbs out front? I love the wonderland!




That weekend we woke up Sunday morning to ice hitting our windows and a message from the Bishop saying church would only be held for the first hour and there was no pressure to attend if we felt unsafe doing so. We braved the weather (which really wasn't so bad after all) and joined a very small gathering of our ward that day.

Kids spreading salt on our ice coated steps.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

wow, so much ice. Very beautiful!