Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Raising the Song of Harvest Home

This post doesn't need many words. 
My most cherished and "magical" moments as a Mommy have often come in mundane and ordinary moments. Being outside with my children is my heaven.

Kentucky gave us a beautiful fall to enjoy this year. Do you see that sky, folks? That's what I'm talking about. I read this week that not many people leave Kentucky by choice. That's for a reason!
This fall also brought a very bounteous pumpkin harvest for us. We grew 17 pumpkins on accident. After composting our jack-o-lanterns last year we had pumpkins coming up everywhere this year. We used them as a fall decoration for our porch and then the kids and I ran them through the Champion juicer and turned them into puree for the freezer. They've made yummy goodness since then. I love my little helpers.
Life is good.

No comments: